Teenage years are a crucial time for early adolescents as they continue the process of forming their own identity and shaping their personality. Major English Centre believes that this is also a key stage for acquiring knowledge in preparation for future studies and careers.
English has become an indispensable tool for communication and furthermore provides a doorway (gateway) to the world. For this reason, Major English Centre has designed special courses for teenagers in an effort to broaden… students’ horizons.
Learning methods: Activity-based learning with a wide variety of projects, peer interaction, and group work. All of which enable teens to express themselves in a meaningful way.
Benefits of studying the Major Teens Course
Teenage students will be able to:
- Reach their full potential through a comprehensive syllabus comprised of enjoyable topics and tasks
- Learn in a stimulating and motivating environment with lively and engaging materials and themes from contemporary teen culture.
- Practise communicative language in realistic contexts, thus improving their ability to “think” in English.
- Create a stepping-stone to go to higher level courses such as TOEIC, TOEFL, and IELTS.
Materials: Major English Centre uses the Upbeat series published by Pearson Longman. Upbeat is a bright, innovative and easy-to-use four-level course that reflects the lives and experiences of modern teenagers. Taking a multi-strand approach, Upbeat stimulates learning and broadens students’ horizons through lessons that engage them both intellectually and emotionally.
- Up-to-the-minute topics engage students’ interest.
- Teen issues relate to students’ lives, developing a sense of citizenship.
- Fun problem-solving activities encourage cognitive development.
Supplementary Materials: The Activator Books which contain a mixture of puzzles, problem-solving exercises, and information-gap activities, which provide extra lively and stimulating material.
Extra-curricular activities: Sightseeing tours of and excursions to a variety of places throughout Ho Chi Minh city such as parks, museums, Youth Culture House, etc.