GE (General English) is an English course for students above the age of 18. It consists of various levels suitable for beginners to advanced students. During the study period, students improve and enhance their ability in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Therefore, they become confident communicating in English and well-prepared to work in an international environment.
Benefits of participating in the GE course
Students will be able to:
- Develop comprehensive communication skills with an emphasis on listening, speaking and pronunciation.
- Increase their vocabulary and grammatical accuracy in writing and speaking.
- Enrich their vocabulary through various activities and topics (entertainment, environment, science, history, etc.).
- Be equipped students with necessary soft skills (such as writing emails, doing a presentation, preparing for a job interview) in order to effectively function at the workplace.
- Build a solid foundation to progress to higher level courses such as TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS.
- Be able to Take part in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities by joining clubs such as the English speaking club, the Drama club, the book reading club, etc.
Materials: World English is an exciting new four-skills program which uses lively and compelling content, images, and video to teach the language that learners need to succeed in their classrooms and daily lives. The series is built upon clear and practical learning goals which are presented and practiced through motivating themes and topics. World English uses real people, real places, and real language to connect English language learners to the world.
Supplementary material: Authentic and meaningful video materials from the BBC provides input for extended speaking and writing activities and pratice.