• The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test measures candidates’ ability to use and understand English at.. university level. ..It evaluates how well candidates combine their listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills to perform academic tasks. The TOEFL iBT Preparation course at Major English Centre is designed to help students successfully perform integrated tasks (tasks that combine more than one skill).
With a high score on the TOEFL iBT test, students can demonstrate their English-language proficiency, thus win a scholarship to study at an institute of higher learning or apply for residential and work visas.
Benefits of studying TOEFL iBT course at Major
Students will be able to:
- Maximise their score on the exam by learning test-taking strategies from experienced TOEFL iBT teachers
- Learn common mistakes made by Vietnamese candidates and how to avoid them.
- Familiarise themselves with the format of the TOEFL iBT test by taking practice tests using software packages from ETS, Longman, Cambridge, and Thomson.
- Have opportunities to win scholarships to study abroad, particularly in the USA or Canada.
- All English language skills are taught through a hands-on practice-intensive curriculum. Text books cover a wide variety of topics mentioned in the TOEFL test such as biology, cosmology, history, psychology, physics, etc. Meaning students …gradually build up the academic vocabulary necessary to succeed in both the TOEFL iBT test and in their future studies.
- Students take practice tests in the computer lab using TOEFL iBT software packages from ETS, Longman, Cambridge, and Thomson. This practice allows learners to become accustomed to actual testing conditions.
- The course develops the academic skills needed to perform better in the TOEFL iBT test: note-taking, paraphrasing, summarizing, and synthesizing, needed to maximise performance in the TOEFL iBT test.